Viridis Building Services is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Viridis Building Services may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11 April 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- personal data including your name, contact details, IP and email addresses;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or that you email to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to use our services, posting material or requesting any extra services;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; andother information relevant to customer surveys.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- use of the information to improve our products and services;
- promotional emails or provision of marketing literature about our events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access through the use of password encrypted files.
Our site uses SSL encryption technology – you can tell whether a page is secure as ‘https’ will replace the ‘http’ at the front of the domain in your browser address window and a small locked padlock will also appear beside the URL.
All of our employees, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged by law to respect and abide by the confidentiality of our users’ personal data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.